A New Day of Learning: Bookmark Freebie

Friday, March 14, 2014

Bookmark Freebie


I just finished The Book Whisperer.  Have you read it yet?  If not, you should! It really has given me some food for thought about why I do things the way I do them in my classroom.  One of the ideas that I got from reading the book was to have students keep a list of books they are interested in reading.

My students are just starting to seriously recommend books to each other and some have stacks of books on their desks waiting to be read.  In order to help them stay organized, provide them with a place for the list, and give them a little gift at the same time; I made them these St. Patrick's Day bookmarks.  Plus, they ask for bookmarks all the time!

I am hoping that we can keep the books we have circulating (and eliminate the clutter on their tables) without them forgetting which books they are interested in.   In addition, I am hopeful that this will help promote more sharing of books and recommendations.

If you would like to give this a try as well, you can click on the picture below to get your FREE St. Patrick's Day Bookmarks. (Be sure to be logged into your Google account.)  If you don't have a Google account, you can download them from my Teachers Pay Teachers store.





I am linked up this week at

Freebie Fridays
Classroom freebies

What is next on your reading list?
(I have started Readicide and Word Nerds.  Next up will also be 
Reading in the Wild - the sequel to The Book Whisperer)





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Back to the Top