A New Day of Learning: Lucky Letters

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lucky Letters


When I first started teaching, I always made a point to write at least one special note throughout the year to each one of my students.  Somewhere between switching schools and CCSS and starting a family, I stopped doing that.  In a moment of reflection, I realized how important it is to let each student know that you are grateful for them and give them a reason why. I find this particularly useful to help me remember and recognize the great qualities of even my most challenging students.

So, this St. Patrick's Day, I am going to give each of my students a special handwritten note from me with a reason why I think they are so great.   I challenge you to do the same! Starting today, we have 17 days until we need to deliver our notes to our little leprechauns.  That is only 1-2 notes per day if you break it up!!! So who's with me?

To make it even easier for you, I created some cute cards for you to print, cut apart, and write on! I know that some do not have access to a color printer, so I have included the black lines for you!  You can download your free copy by clicking on the picture below. (Be sure to be logged into your Google account.) If you don't have a Google account, you can download it from my Teachers Pay Teachers store.


I am linked up this week at
Freebie Fridays

Classroom freebies




How do you let your students know they are special?


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Those few moments it takes could mean so much to your students now, and also be something they'll long remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I really appreciate your thoughtful comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet freebie and a great idea! Students definitely need to know that they are fantastic and appreciated!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I agree with you! I am excited to give them to the students! Thank you for you comment!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for linking up this week at Teaching Blog Addict and offering our follower such a terrific freebie! Please come back tomorrow because you're my Featured Blogger! :)
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH!!! I am so excited! Thank you so much! *HUGE GRINS* See you there!
      Michelle

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Back to the Top